Sorting Laundry

Saturday, April 30, 2005

A case of cold feet, and a vocabulary lesson.

So... Miss Jennifer Wilbanks ran away from home, literally, to avoid marriage.

Hmm. . .

If I had just done this seven years ago. . .

Though I suppose it would have been silly. Since I eloped.

Eloping is running off. So running away from eloping. . . Hmm. . .

Elope. Elopement. Eloper.

While we are at it, here's a good word:

Defenestrate.

"If you don't knock it off, I will be forced to defenestrate
you."

"Sheila was caught in the act of defenestration."

"Close the door! Can't you see I'm defenestrating!"

Here's another one:

Osculate.

"Oh, my! I would never consider osculating before marriage!"

Or how about these?

Gesticulate.

"Mom, how old were you when you started gesticulating?"

Masticate.

"Could you please find somewhere a little more private to masticate? You are making us all uncomfortable."

----------------

I need to get a life.



Maybe after I matriculate. . .

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home