Sorting Laundry

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Yes, my friends, it's the unofficial American Idol Meme!

--------------------------------
[Editor's note: This was posted the night before my Math Placement Exam. That should explain its lack of humor. And, no, Elvis isn't really my "American Idol", but thanks for your concern.]
-------------------------------

Having been unwittingly sucked in to the cultural phenomenon that is "American Idol", and since imitation is the highest form of flattery, I have decided to filch "American Idol's" contestant meme* for your pleasure.

Yes, my friends, get out your Cingular wireless phones. And remember, standard text messaging rates apply. **

When did you first start to sing?
Five minutes ago. Why? Am I bothering you?

Do you have any formal singing training?
Elementary music class. (see interview below)

What other talents do you have?
Creating lifesize human sculptures out of ear wax. Maybe you've seen my movie?

If you don’t make it on AMERICAN IDOL, what will you do?
Run an exposé on Primetime Live.

What are your personal goals in life?
To complete my bachelor's degree before my children do.

What album would your friends be surprised you own?
elvis presley gospel

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?
Elvis

Do you have any rituals or things you do each time before you perform?
I don't think I can share them here. Sorry.

Favorite male pop artist?
Andy Warhol

Favorite female pop artist?
Sylvie Fleury, because "Moisturizing is the answer".

Most embarrassing moment?
Childbirth. (Do you understand everything that happens during delivery?)

What has been your proudest moment in life so far?
Childbirth.

If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
Singing. Because, if I couldn't sing, then I couldn't sing.

What is your definition of an AMERICAN IDOL?
I'm not sure what my definition is, but if you want to get technical, I prefer this definition:

"An American cultural figure who is visible, but without substance."
- The American Heritage ® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition


Who is your favorite judge and why?
Judge Judy. Do I really need to explain it?

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
That I'm not insane.

How has this changed your life?
No one is surprised anymore.

Do you have any lucky charms?***
No, but I could run to the store and get some. They are "Magically Delicious!"

Who are your heroes in life?
The Wonder Twins****

What's been your toughest obstacle in life?
Myself.

Do you think the audition process was fair?
No.

If you win, who will you thank first?
My loyal fans who spent millions of dollars on text messaging their votes for me. Suckers.


*This is the same meme that the contestants answered on the IdolOnFox website.
** "For times when you prefer not to talk out loud" - Cingular
*** In memory of John Holahan, creator of Lucky Charms, may he rest in peace. Imagine what the world of cereal would be today, if Mr. Holahan hadn't been bored enough to mix Circus Peanuts with Cheerios.
**** Whatever you do, don't check out Wondertwins.com. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Superfriends.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home